Atari 7800 Development Wiki Home
Welcome to the Atari 7800 Development wiki! This site aims to be the definitive source for accurate and up-to-date information on programming the Atari 7800 console. If you're interested in 7800 homebrew programming, you've come to the right place!
You can begin by checking out one of the links presented in the next section, or you may use the wiki search function to quickly find information on a specific topic. If you have information to share that isn't covered, please consider joining and contributing to the wiki.
- The 7800 Software Guide
- An updated version of the documentation originally produced by Atari and GCC. Several inaccuracies have been discovered and corrected, and new sections have been added.
- A quick way to get started with programming the 7800 using assembly language. All the tools you need to create a game, cross-platform and available for multiple OSes. 7800.8bitdev.org is the official home of the 7800AsmDevKit.
- A quick way to get started with programming the 7800 using a higher level language. 7800basic is a compiled language, designed for efficiency. 7800.8bitdev.org is the official home of 7800basic.
- 7800 Tutorials and Guides
- Covers more advanced 7800 topics.
- Emulators and Tools
- Covers information on tools useful to the 7800 developer, including information on the A7800_Emulator
- Anti-Virus Hall of Shame
- A few Anti-Virus vendors have deemed it acceptable to use tech that often lies about programs having viruses. See if your vendor is lying to you.